Monday, January 11, 2016

Becoming a Trainer!

Iguana Selfie! Yes, That's Real

Well, this week has been great! So sorry I havent told you guys, but we have another baptism this week (se llama Tatiana Vasquez, tiene 17 aƱos) and we are super excited for that! We also are planning for another the following week (Miguel Cantos, 72) and so that is all for the excitement so far! It is such a great job to be able to work in the Lord's vineyard and see the fruits of our labors! We also have another man that we have set a baptismal date for the following week, and now all that we have to do is secure it. That would put us at 3 baptisms for the month of January!!



So, I have some sad news, and some really good news. The sad news is that my trainer (my companion since birth - in the mission) is finishing his mission today. He was such a great guy - taught me so much about the mission. He was only a little bit trunky before he went home (or to say, he was missing home and ready to go there.) I will never forget him. We had some awesome experiences, ones that I will never forget. But with him going home comes the good news - I will be training a new missionary!! They told me today that I have been assigned to train a brand new missionary in the field, and that he will be my new responsibility for the next while. There is also a rumor that I will be called to serve in my area as a District Leader, so we will see how that goes! I am super excited, but super nervous as well.


The good thing is that I know that I have the Lord's strength to help me out. In Ether 12:27, it talks about how the Lord will make weak things become strong if we come unto Him. Maybe my Spanish isn't perfect, and maybe I am still young in the mission, and maybe I feel incapable, He can strengthen me. I do not know how, but I know that if I do everything I am capable of, He will make up the difference! So, with that in mind, here I go, off in a brand new journey! Love you guys, and take good care of yourselves!

Planning

The "Mission Family"

Joseph Pagonis

The twin Sisters - First Baptism!

IGUANAS!!


"I found this in our house..."

Mangoes - blown up on New Year's Eve

At the Guayaquil Temple

Making Friends with a Donkey :)

Morning Run

Mountain on Fire for New Year's Eve

Just Goofing Around

First Zone Leaders

No comments:

Post a Comment