Monday, February 22, 2016

"A Little Bit of a Pit Stop in the USA"




So, It has been made official. I will be home tomorrow (Tuesday) night at about 9:00 p.m. It looks like I need a little bit of a pit stop in the USA so that I can keep going after a little time!

At first I did not take the news very well. I had a rough week, what with teaching lessons and taking care of my district and stuff, because of the stress and the worry I had been going through. On top of that, I was really sick too, so that did not help. I was feeling pretty beat this week.

I feel really blessed to have the leaders that I have. My zone leader, Elder Lascano, helped me out a lot. He also had to go home during his mission for health-related issues, and the experience he shared with me was something that really uplifted me. He has asked me not to talk to anyone about it, because he has not told many people other than myself, and he would like to keep it that way. What I learned is that his situation was way worse than mine, and although it was the hardest thing he went through in his life, he told me it was also one of the greatest things.

One of the things that he shared with me is that it is not a burden to return from one´s mission early because of an illness, but rather is a great blessing. As much as I do not really like it, I may be starting to realize that it really will be a blessing. I will be able to strengthen myself in knowledge and in spirit, and better prepare myself physically and mentally and spiritually to return. I will have the opportunity to do missionary work in the home, strengthen my family and friends, and rest from my troubles for a season.


There is no doubt in my mind that I will return to the mission field - and I will return with honor. I feel that the Lord has some work that He needs me to do at home - otherwise maybe I would be healed of this knee injury. Everything that the Lord does, He does it with a purpose. I do not know exactly what it is, but I need to trust in Him and have faith in His timing. I know that everything will work out all right, and for that I will be happy with the circumstances I am being presented with. I love all you guys so much, and I will talk to you all really soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment